Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Pixie Poppers are going on tour!!

Rachel and Kaitie are both on a Destination Imagination team and they call themselves "The Pixie Poppers". Their team decided to take on a challenge called ViDIo Lit Hits. They had to pick a book and then make a live music video based off of that book. They decided to use the book The Homework Machine by Dan Gutman. The kids wrote the lyrics and the music themselves, choreographed the dancing, and made all of the props (including the design and construction of a catapult). They did a ton of work all on their own (adult help and input is not allowed)....and now all their hard work has paid off!



They won first place and are going to the state competition at the end of the month!






So if anyone happens to be in Wenatchee on March 28, I hear that a really awesome band called The Pixie Poppers are going on tour and will be stopping by for a one night performance. You don't want to miss this! But in case you can't make it, here is a video of their award-winning performance from last Saturday.

3 comments:

Morrison Monkeys said...

What an awesome job and performance. I watched this with Uncle Ken and he is still singing the homework machine song! I wish we still lived in Moses Lake because I would be in Wenatchee in a heart beat to watch you both perform. So let us know how you do at state. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!! Great job!!!! Love ya! :)

Jeff said...

Wow, what a great job and a catchy song. We'll be singing the homework machine song for a while...

Matt said...

That was awesome!

I'm curious if they have any plans to make a Dad's Work Machine? I'd be very interested in buying one.

Dad's Work Machine, Dad's Work Machine...It will do everything!

I like that!